Description of Facility and Operations
Copley is a 152,000 square foot administrative and laboratory facility located at 5651 Copley Dr., San Diego, CA 92111. Sharp moved into the space in 2018 which has been repurposed as a former commercial facility.
All controls and mechanical equipment are new as of 2018. Laboratory areas including BSL-3 facility operates 24/7; the rest of spaces operate on a typical schedule of 5am to 7pm Monday through Friday. Interior and exterior lighting is all LED with a lighting control system, though controls optimization is recommended specifically for the exterior lighting timers.
- Copley spends $3.52/sq. ft. for utilties.
- The building's energy use per square foot is 23% lower than the national median energy use intensity for offices.
• Copley is a new facility with state-of-the-art hardware, but opportunities for efficiency by implementing improved controls sequences.
• Site has two irrigation meters. If one meter is an irrigation water feed, sewer credits for irrigation water can be pursued. Est. cost per meter = $1,500 - $2,500.
• Cooling tower make-up water has a meter but blowdown does not; install blowdown water meter and pursue sewer credit for cooling tower drift/evaporative losses. Est. cost per meter = $1,500 - $2,500.
• Chilled water loop and heating water loop do not have make-up water meters. Install meters on make-up lines so that any leakage can be detected. Est. cost per meter = $500-$2,000.
Total Annual Savings
Exterior Lighting Control (Astronomical Timeclock)