Total Annual Savings:
Exterior LED Lighting Fixture Retrofit (Building Perimeter)
Building facade lighting fixtures were audited to determine opportunities for retrofitting existing fixtures with integrated LED fixture replacements to achieve 60% - 90% electricity savings, while improving lighting uniformity and controllability for exterior walkways & building entrances. LED lamps last up to ten times longer than conventional lamps, which reduces building maintenance costs and they are mercury-free in contrast to conventional lamp types, which helps eliminate mercury from Sharp’s buildings and reduces hazardous waste concerns.
To calculate total potential lighting power savings at this site, existing lighting power was calculated using a combination of actual lighting counts from representative fixtures and an assumed exterior lighting linear power demand in 5 watts per linear foot for the remainder of the building. Roughly 70% of the building facade fixtures have already been converted to LEDs.
• Fixture retrofits for exterior lighting is recommended over replacing lamps with like-for-like LED replacements (re-lamping)
• Approximately 40 building facade fixtures are candidates to be replaced with LED retrofits.
• Costs based on contractor bids for material, installation, and disposal of existing lamps at $160 - $600/fixture.
Retrofit existing exterior facade lighting with new LED fixtures. Building facade LED fixtures including, but not limited to, wall packs and up-lighting should meet the following criteria:
1. Color Rendering Index (CRI): 70 or greater
2. Color Temperature: 3500K or greater
3. Lighting Efficacy: 100 lumens/Watt (LPW) or greater
4. Expected Service Life: Minimum of 80,000 hours
5. Warranty: Minimum of 5 years (10 years preferred)
6. Controls: 0-10V dimming to 5%, photocell enable or motion sensor controls preferred if applicable