Rees-Stealy Otay Ranch
Total Annual Savings:
Exterior LED Fixture Retrofit (Open Air Parking Lot)
Exterior pole lighting fixtures in parking lot areas were audited to determine opportunities for retrofitting existing fixtures with integrated LED fixture replacements to achieve 60% - 90% electricity savings, while improving lighting uniformity and controllability for exterior parking areas. LED lamps last up to ten times longer than conventional lamps, which reduces building maintenance costs and they are mercury-free in contrast to conventional lamp types, which helps eliminate mercury from Sharp’s buildings and reduces hazardous waste concerns.
To calculate total potential lighting power savings at this site, existing lighting power was calculated using actual lighting counts of non-LED lamps from site drawings and/or installed fixtures.
• Fixture retrofits for exterior lighting is recommended over replacing lamps with like-for-like LED replacements (re-lamping)
• Approximately 48 exterior pole lighting fixtures are candidates to be replaced with LED retrofits.
• Costs based on contractor bids for material, installation, and disposal of existing lamps at $300 - 500/fixture.
Retrofit existing exterior metal halide lighting with new LED fixtures. Exterior pole LED fixtures should meet the following criteria:
1. Color Rendering Index (CRI): 70 or greater
2. Color Temperature: 4000K or greater
3. Lighting Efficacy: 100 lumens/Watt (LPW) or greater
4. Expected Service Life: Minimum of 80,000 hours
5. Warranty: Minimum of 5 years (10 years preferred)
6. Controls: 0-10V dimming to 5%, photocell enable or motion sensor controls preferred if applicable